I wrote this story last year I'm pretty proud with this -wilberchie

I am Fred. I'm a painter. I paint to share my ideas, insights, and points of view. I have made many paintings, some of which have a story to tell.

I remembered my first art exhibit. Not many known people came. Just a few bunch of friends and people who appreciate art. I put out many paintings: beautiful landscapes; beautiful men and women; Many of them were thrilled to see the different models and views that I painted, except for one that they think was the most horrifying and gruesome painting they ever saw, entitled "The Rape of Tonying". When I was asked to give a speech as the exhibitor, they asked me about the "ugly" painting. I said, "Actually, among my collection, "The Rape of Tonying", is the painting werein I captured the best essence because it imparts a message and also it has a very sad but interesting history."

Tonying was my bestfriend. He, for me, was the embodiment of compassion, courage, and kindness. He was adored by many, but was feared when he was mad. We became friends because we were different from the normal male youth... we were gays. At first I was discreet, because I know that people would pick on me if they found out. But Tonying was brave, he boasted that he was gay and was not ashamed of it. It made me stand strong and look up to his ideals. To make the story short, he was the perfect friend/sister/brother to me.

We were in college when Tonying fell in love with a boy. His name was Kindred. He was from the same school as our but different college. He was taking an engineering course while Tonying and I were taking Fine Arts. We met Kindred in our LTS class. We sat down in our class and he approached us. "Is this seat taken?" he asked, while pointing at the seat near Tonying. Well, the room was already full and there was no one sitting beside Tonying.

"No," Tonying replied. "you may take it if you like."

"Thank you," Kindred said.

"I'm Tonying by the way, and here's my bestfriend, Fred."

"Hello!", I said cheerfully.

"I'm Kindred, ummm... can I accompany you guys in LTS class? I'm not used to being alone. Is it okay?" Kindred asked.

"Sure, as long as you will not be ashamed being around us." Tonying seriously replied.

"What do you mean?"

"We are gays, that's why that seat was not taken" I answered back.

"Well I'm not against gays anyway so don't worry."

"Good..." Tonying replied.

That was the first encounter with Kindred. Our relationship with him, got deeper and deeper as the time went by, especially Tonying and Kindred. We go out, eat lunch, eat dinner, watch movies, hang-out, those typical barkada things. I knew that Kindred was a staright guy, but I doubt that he has a thing for Tonying. Of course, I know Tonying loves Kindred. What would we have talked about in all those sleepless nights? One day when we eating lunch, Tonying's cellphone buzzed. It was a text message from one of his group heads. He was supposed to attend a seminar today. "Sorry guys, I have to go, I forgot I have a seminar to attend." Tonying said as he was putting all his stuff inside his bag. "Why won't you eat first?" Kindred offered. "No time I have to go. Bye guys!" Tonying said while speeding off to the building where the seminar is being held. Kindred and I were left at the table when suddenly he asked me in a serious tone:

"Fred, will you help me make Tonying my baby?"

"What!?," shocked from what I heard. "you have a thing for Tonying too?"

"What do you mean?"

'Oops!! I spilled!' I thought, "Okay, Tonying loves you, ever since you sat down beside him at LTS class, the time that you said that you don't care if were gays, he admired you for your open-mindedness and bravery."

"I admired him too... He's a brave, intelligent, and kind person. I loved him because of that. I know I'm staright but I just can't help the feeling that I'm falling for Tonying."

"Are you serious?"

"I never had been serious like this in my life."

"Are you ready for the challenges and trials that you want to get into?"

"I'm ready, if it is with Tonying"

So with my help, Tonying and Kindred entered a relationship that is not recognized by the society. But instead of losing faith in their love, the trials and challenges made them stronger. But there came one trial that really challenged their relationship.

We were on our senior year when Kindred joined a fraternity. At first, Tonying was not in favor, they even shouted at each other in my face just because they are arguing about that, but in the end, because Tonying loved Kindred so much, he favored.

Kindred had to pass the initiation before he was officially admitted. That time the initiation was Hazing. It was Tonying who nursed Kindred after he was paddled to his knees. His lower backside seems like a big ube crop because it was colored purple. Tonying was swelling in tears when we was carefully massaging Kindred's bruises. At last, Kindred was in. He was one of the brothers.

On the night that Tonying and Kindred were celebrating their 3rd anniversary, there was a call from Kindred's cellphone. It was one of his brothers.

"Brod, we need you here, it's payback time to those freaks who attacked one of our brothers, were here at the 3rd street." the one on the cellphone said.

"I'm sorry Brod, I can't it's our anniversary."

"We need you here and that's final! You swore loyalty to the group. If you don't come here, we'll kill whoever you're with! beep....."

Kindred not letting Tonying notice that he was shocked, put his cellphone in his pocket and spoke. "I'm sorry seetie, I must go, the Brods need me."

"NO! I wont let you go! I won't let you! You will just get in trouble!" Tonying erupted.

"Sorry sweetie, I must go, I swore loyalty to the group, it is my responsibility."

"How about your responsibility to me? Is your fraternity more important than me?" Tonying now crying.

"I'm sorry sweetie, please understand"

Tonying silent, and then spoke "I'll let you go only if I'm with you."

"Sweetie it's dangerous! I don't want you to get involved!"

"So it is dangerous why do you need to go?!"

"I'm sorry sweetie please understand," Kindred pulled Tonying to his arms, gave him a warm long hug. Then he moved his face closer to Tonying's and gave him a warm kiss. "I'll make it up to you when I get back."

Kindred left Tonying, standing while silent tears were falling from his eyes. He sat down and wept hard.

A few moments of departure, Kindred arrived at the 3rd street. The Brods are armed with thick tubes, metal knuckles, tear gas and many more. They silently waited for their prey to come. They didn't wait long, soon enough, the prey was coming to the predators' trap. Kindred's group did the 1st assualt, they hit the other group with their weapons. But unknown to them the enemy group was prepared for their attacked because they were armed with... BANG!!! A gunshot silenced both groups. Kindred's group was shocked to see one of there enemies jolding a gun. Before everyone can react, a bullet was fired to the person nearest to the gunner. Heading straight to his chest. BLAAAG! Kindred fell to the ground. The enemy frat ran away leaving Kindred's team with a wounded member. Kindred, who was shot, was rushed to the hospital, he kept on saying "Call my sweetie, Tonying", "Call my sweetie, Tonying, say I'm sorry", before he passed out.

Tonying was fast asleep when his cellphone rang. He answered took his phone and quickly answered it because it was his sweetie.

"Sweetie? Where are you? Are you alright?"

"I'm sorry but this is not Kindred, I'm Mike one of his brod."

"Why? Where's my sweetie? What happened?" Tonying becoming more tense and worried.

"He was shot, he's here at the hospital, he kept on saying 'call my sweetie, Tonying'"

"What hospital?! I'll be there"

When Tonying arrived at the hospital, his heart dropped as he was informed that his sweetie was inside the ER for an operation. Hours had passed and finally, the doctors came out of the ER.

"The operation was successful, but we don't know when he would wake up, there was a blow from his head, it affected his consciousness. But he'll be alright because the bullet wound was not that deep." the doctor announced.

It's as if a big cross was lifted from Tonying's shoulders. He began to cry tears of joy. Kindred's brods left the hospital while Tonying stayed and took care of his sweetie. Although he doesn't know if when his sweetie will wake up, he was willing to wait. He prayed everyday to the Lord, that his sweetie be given another chance. He waited and prayed. Of course, I was with him all that time. Until one day, his prayers were answered. Kindred woke up. Tonying, too happy hugged his sweetie tight, it was one of the most happiest day of his life.

Soon enough, Tonying started to join campaigns against Fraternities and Sororities that engage in rumbles and frat-wars.

"I don't want you to go to the rally... you might be hurt" Kindred declared.

"This time it's my turn to say that this is my responsibility please understand sweetie." Tonying smiled as he embraced his sweetie. "Don't worry I'll be fine."

Tonying became one of the loudest youth leaders that shout out the abolition of fraternities and sororities. I should know, I was his secretary. He was a public figure. He was being visible everywhere, he campaigned for the same thing everywhere he goes. It made a fuzz at the fraternities and sororities side.

One night when Tonying and I were walking home, a group of guys blocked our passage. Suddenly, a black van stopped and opened its door, they swiftly took Tonying. There were many of them that made the task easy. I was pushed to the side and was left alone on the pavement. I quickly called Kindred, of what happened, and we contacted the police.

Three days have passed before a new lead was gathered. Someone saw a black van enter and leave an abandoned building by the avenue near the monument. It has been confirmed that a body of someone was found there. Kindred and I accompanied the police to the crime scene. We were shocked when we saw the lifeless body. It was Tonying, stripped, his hands and feet tied, his mouth has a cloth wrap around it, his anal area, bleeding. I couldn't help but cry when I saw the horrible state of Tonying's body that time. Kindred, was silent, I know what he must be feeling. Even I can't speak anything when I saw it. It was so horrible.

Tonying's death sparked the heart of our fellow activists to voice out louder on the abolition of frat and soros. Even Kindred joined our cause. We were the ones who continued Tonying's legacy. We cried out for mercy for his death. By God's grace, the ones responsible for the horrific murder were found and were sentenced to death.

I graduated from college, and from then on, I knew I changed. I became braver. I became the person that I admired the most, Tonying.

"...This painting is a memoriam for my bestfriend Tonying. Some of you might know him as the "Gay activist". For me he's not an activist. He just fought for the simple reason that he loved. The painting, yes, at 1st glance looks hideous. But it holds a message that I know Tonying will want to share to the world. Tonying, the person in the painting, is a representation of a gay life. Stripped, not ashamed; Hands tied, burdened because of other people; has his cut organ in his mouth, symbolizes that gays can find ways to make themselves happy no matter how hard the situation is; Anal bleeding, to symbolize the "Rape" of people to the gay society. Rape here peratins to the bad persona, inhuman treatment of gays;

I know where ever Tonying is right now, I know he is proud of me, that I am now a brave person like him, that I am able to speak my ideas to society. And an eruption of claps followed my praise to my most admired person, Tonying.